Southwest flavors meet keto sides in this gorgeous combo. Eggs aren’t just for breakfast anymore, and hash doesn’t have to include potatoes. Plus, peppers, roasted whole, can be a sophisticated finishing touch. It’s a brave, new, delicious world. Jump in!
- 1 lb grated cauliflower
- 3 oz. butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 3 oz. poblano peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or onion powder (optional)
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic or onion powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grate the cauliflower, including the stem; either use a grater or chop into rough but fairly small pieces in a food processor.
- Fry grated cauliflower for about five minutes in a generous amount of butter or oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush some oil on the poblanos. Fry or grill until the skin starts to bubble a little bit.
- Fry the eggs as you like them. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve directly with the roasted poblanos and cauliflower hash. Top with a nice dollop of the seasoned mayo.
If you enjoy dairy, cheese sticks or fried halloumi cheese make a nice addition. Crumbled feta is also tasty — it really compliments the roasted peppers!
We feature mild green poblano peppers here, but you can substitute peppers of any color or level of heat! If you don’t care for peppers, try sliced avocado instead.